- President Nelson Meets With New Zealand Prime Minister (Church Newsroom)
President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints met Monday with New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, as he reached the midway point of his nine-day Pacific ministry visits to seven countries.
- Prophet Brings ‘Spirit of Aloha’ to Pacific Ministry Stop in Hawaii (Church Newsroom)
The president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, regarded by the faithful as a modern-day prophet, began his nine-day Pacific ministry with a visit to Kona, Hawaii Thursday. Hundreds of Hawaiian Latter-day Saints greeted President Russell M. Nelson and his wife, Wendy, along with Elder Gerrit W. Gong of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and his wife, Susan, at a meeting with young single adults, a reception with community leaders, and an evening devotional.
- President Nelson Admonishes Samoans to Protect Their Children (Church Newsroom)
Under threatening skies and with the Apia Samoa Temple in the background, President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints warned Samoans Saturday night to keep themselves and their children safe.
- Prophet Blesses Australian Saints to Be a ‘Light and Attraction’ to Fellow Citizens (Church Newsroom)
President Russell M. Nelson reminded a capacity crowd of 8,000 Latter-day Saints Sunday night at the International Convention Centre in Sydney of the power and importance of the Book of Mormon in their personal lives and in the growth of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Australia.
- Texas teen dies during LDS mission in Mexico (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
A Texas teen serving on a mission in Mexico has died, the LDS Church reported Sunday.
Andrew Carr, 19, of Fort Worth, died Saturday morning, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints spokesman Daniel Woodruff said. Woodruff said the missionary died of asphyxiation “from what appears to be a faulty water heater located near the shower in his apartment.” His roommate was unharmed.
- Full-time missionary serving in Mexico City dies of asphyxiation in his apartment (Church News)
A full-time missionary serving in Mexico City has died of asphyxiation in his apartment.
Elder Andrew Carr, 19, who is from Fort Worth, Texas, and was serving in the Mexico Mexico City Northwest Mission, died Saturday morning, May 18. His companion was unharmed in the apartment incident.
- Oklahoma City Oklahoma Temple Rededicated (Church Newsroom)
The extensive renovation of the Oklahoma City Oklahoma Temple has been completed. President Henry B. Eyring, second counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, rededicated the sacred structure in one session at 10 a.m. Sunday, May 19, 2019.
- Elder Andersen witnesses great faith of members as massive floods hit Argentina (Church News)
It rained and rained in the hours and days before Elder Neil L. Andersen and his wife, Sister Kathy Andersen, arrived to participate in missionary meetings and a stake conference in Resistencia, Argentina.
Water filled the streets and ran down the sidewalks. Latter-day Saints had not seen this kind of flood in 34 years. But it didn’t stop them from attending the meetings.
- Woman Suing LDS Church Alleging Rape Says Someone is Trying to Intimidate Her into Silence (Yahoo News)
McKenna Denson is sharing a series of terrifying incidents she believes are trying to intimidate her to silence after she filed a high-profile lawsuit against the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.