- VIDEO: Reaching Out to Refugees—Invite Them to Dinner (LDS Newsroom Blog)
Since the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued a letter in March 2016 encouraging Mormon women to help refugees, LDS Charities (the Church's humanitarian arm) has published video vignettes for its "Give Back" series that show how some members are already reaching out to refugees.
- Reaching Outsiders Within, One by One (LDS Newsroom Blog)
Look around the room on any given Sunday in a Latter-day Saint chapel and you'll soon realize you're among a heterogeneous group. Granted, some congregations might look more homogeneous based only on skin color or the number of dark suits and white shirts present. But look closer, with the right lenses, and you'll notice something else.
- Elder Ballard speaks to Mormon Miracle Pageant cast members in Manti (Deseret News - Utah)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints spoke to close to 1,000 cast members and volunteers of the Mormon Miracle Pageant in a devotional held in the Manti Utah Stake Center on Sunday, May 29.
"I count it a blessing that Sister Ballard and I can be with you tonight," Elder Ballard said. The Mormon Miracle Pageant has great meaning to his family, he said. "We have a lot of ties to this pageant, more than perhaps many of you might know."
- Remembering Elder L. Tom Perry 1 year after his death (Deseret News - Utah)
One year ago this month, on May 30, 2015, Elder L. Tom Perry died at the age of 92 from the effects of cancer. At the time of his passing, he had served as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for over 41 years.
- Brazil’s Rich History a Prelude to Future Growth (Church News)
For Brazilian Latter-day Saints, 2016 is a historic year of gratitude and celebration.
A half-century ago, Elder Spencer W. Kimball—then a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles—traveled to Sao Paulo and organized the country’s first stake. Since then, Brazil has become one of the Church’s most inspiring success stories.
- Mission boundary realignments in Idaho (LDS Church News)
The boundaries of the four missions in Idaho will be realigned to allow missionaries in the area to serve and work with Church members more effectively.
- Not just BYU: Students at other Utah colleges say sexual assault investigations can be harrowing (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
Beth lay stunned on her bed, her mind racing back over the dating rules she'd written in her journal just weeks before.
- Death penalty appeal: Witnesses had to choose between testifying in favor of killer or obeying LDS Church (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
Several witnesses called to testify in Douglas Anderson Lovell's death penalty trial last year say they faced a hard choice: Either testify on behalf of a murderer they had come to know as a friend or appease their leaders within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and stay silent.