- Preparing for the Prophet: Inspiring Stories Behind the Arizona Member Devotional (Church News)
One Church President. Two First Presidency members. A Sunday night devotional drawing some 65,000 at an indoor football stadium in metro Phoenix, with another 64,000 watching a live broadcast in meetinghouses across the state.
- Brother Ashton Shares 7 Steps for Learning by the Spirit at BYU–Idaho Devotional (Church News)
Students from around the world who participate in the BYU–Pathway Worldwide programs have one thing in common, said Brother Brian K. Ashton, Second Counselor in the Sunday School General Presidency.
- The 175th Anniversary of Joseph and Hyrum Smith’s Martyrdom Is One of Many Notable Dates in 2019 (Church News)
On June 27, 1844, a mob stormed Carthage Jail in Illinois and shot the Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum Smith.
- Elder Bednar on 'the bond' he feels with ancient Apostles during first visit to Jerusalem (Church News)
Elder David A. Bednar, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, stood in the urban grove of aged olive trees located at the foot of the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. It is called the Garden of Gethsemane, although the precise location of the New Testament’s same-named site of the Atonement of Jesus Christ remains uncertain but likely nearby.
- This week in Mormon Land: A secret Facebook attack, the Catholic gap and Gladys Knight’s ‘Super’ song (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
Latter-day Saint temples have been in the news a lot lately. New temples open. Older ones close for renovation. And groundbreakings take place around the globe. Capturing the most attention: recent changes bringing more gender equity to temple ordinances. Historian and author Devery Anderson has documented the evolution of temples in the church’s history for his 2011 volume, “The Development of LDS Temple Worship.”