- Fort Collins Colorado Temple Dedicatory Prayer (Deseret News - Utah)
Following is the text of the prayer President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, second counselor in the First Presidency, offered in dedicating the Fort Collins Colorado Temple on Oct. 16, 2016.
- Fort Collins Colorado Temple: A beacon of light and blessing to all (Deseret News - Utah)
Anytime a temple is built around the world members of the Church rejoice in celebration and gratitude for a temple in their area. The visual reminder of eternal truths brings joy to individuals and strength to families and communities.
- Hartford Connecticut Temple open house: 'A gift' for New England (Deseret News - Utah)
One of the many things Jillian Juarez has loved about volunteering at the Hartford Connecticut Temple open house has been the drive from her home.
The three-week open house — which began Sept. 30 and ends Oct. 22 — coincided with the peak of autumn in New England, when the area’s dense greenery transforms to vibrant shades of red, yellow and orange.
- Studio C Talks to LDS Teens about Testimony, Faith, and Self-Confidence (Church News)
In a live broadcast, the stars of BYUtv’s sketch comedy group Studio C gathered at the BYU Broadcast House on Wednesday, October 19, to “have a conversation” with LDS teens.
- Mormonism Online: In Your Own Words (LDS Newsroom Blog)
Youth from around the world watched the full cast of BYUtv’s comedy show “Studio C” participate in a Face to Face broadcast on Wednesday, October 19, 2016. The live event was hosted by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- South Korea celebrates six decades of missionary work (Deseret News - Utah)
Thousands of returned missionaries recently gathered at Utah Valley University to celebrate a historic Church anniversary in South Korea. It was no ordinary reunion. The many attendees had served under the leadership of 53 mission presidents over the course of six decades.
It was 60 years ago — in 1956 — that the first group of Mormon missionaries arrived in South Korea and began sharing the message of the restored gospel. Since that time, legions of Latter-day Saints have answered a call to labor in the Land of the Morning Calm.
- Twile integrates with FamilySearch, adding timeline capability for family history online (Deseret News - Utah)
A new feature that will allow users of FamilySearch.org to generate a family history timeline and share their research with other family members online has resulted from FamilySearch joining forces with Twile, a company based in the United Kingdom.
- Want to Prepare Your Child to Serve a Mission? Teach Repentance (Church News)
Recently, one of our board members—Brother Mark Pendleton—was at a breakfast with several stake presidents and stake leaders, during which a sincere father asked a question:
“What do you feel is the most important thing I can do to help my son prepare to serve a mission?” the father asked.
- It's not just women and minorities. Donald Trump has a Mormon problem — and here's how it could cost him (Los Angeles Times - California)
No religious group has been more reliably Republican than members of the Mormon faith, who routinely vote in landslide numbers for the party’s presidential nominee.
But Donald Trump — with his garish personality, libertine attitude and caustic rhetoric toward immigrants, women and others — has caused many church members to search their souls and rethink their longstanding political allegiance, reshaping the presidential map in dramatic and unexpected ways.
- No On Trump: In Utah, Mormons Show Principles Matter (Hartford Courant - Connecticut)
An extraordinary poll released Wednesday showed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and Republican nominee Donald Trump both losing in Utah to Evan McMullin, a conservative Mormon ex-CIA officer on the ballot in only 11 states.