- The Name of the Church (LDS Newsroom)
The Lord has impressed upon my mind the importance of the name He has revealed for His Church, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We have work before us to bring ourselves in harmony with His will.
- Stop Saying ‘Mormon,’ Church Leader Says. But Is the Real Name Too Long? (New York Times)
The word “Mormon” is out, says the president of the Utah-based church. But the proper term for what to call the faith and its followers is a mouthful.
In an announcement on Thursday, President Russell M. Nelson insisted that Mormons and non-Mormons alike stick to the term “the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.”
- Inside the Quorum of the Twelve: Sustaining Is Act of Faith, Confidence, Love (Church News)
In the challenging days after flooding inundated much of southeast Texas late last summer, President M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles traveled to affected communities and worshipped with local Latter-day Saints.
- New Zealand Temple Closes for Renovations; See What It Will Look Like (Church News)
After serving Church members in the Pacific for six decades, the Hamilton New Zealand Temple—the first temple in the Southern Hemisphere—has closed for an extensive, three-year renovation.
- How Is Your Heart? Serve to Be Like the Savior, Seventy Tells BYU Graduates (Church News)
Elder Brent H. Nielson remembers exactly how he felt as he sat at his graduation from Brigham Young University exactly 40 years ago in 1978.
While most of his classmates were excited about the completion of schoolwork and looking forward to the next phase in their life, his heart was “full of uncertainty, sadness, and a little bit of fear.”
- This Week on Social: Elder Andersen talks about traveling with President Nelson, Elder Bednar on receiving revelation (LDS Church News)
The social media accounts of Church leaders have covered the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, revelation and learning from the Prophet.
- Newly Released Saints Volume 1 Provides Honest Look at Early Church History (Church News)
On September 4, the Church will release a new history unlike any it has ever published before.
Saints: The Story of the Church of Jesus Christ in the Latter Days presents the inspiring true story of the women and men who dedicated their lives to establishing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints across the world. Unlike past histories, which were primarily written as reference works, Saints is written as a narrative that is engaging to read.
- Auditions Announced for 2018 “Savior of the World” in Salt Lake City (Church News)
The Music and Cultural Arts Division of the Church is inviting adults and families (with children ages 7 and older) to participate in the 2018 production of Savior of the World: His Birth and Resurrection in the Conference Center Theater in Salt Lake City.