- President Nelson Completes Africa Tour in Zimbabwe (LDS Newsroom)
“This is a sight that I shall always remember,” said President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints during a visit to Harare, Zimbabwe, Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
- President Russell M. Nelson's 2018 Global Ministry Tour (LDS Newsroom)
The global ministry tour of President Russell M. Nelson and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland runs April 10–23, 2018. The senior Church leaders are visiting eight cities in 11 days in Europe, Africa and Asia.
- Mormon leader delights in songs of ‘precious children’ as he wraps up African tour (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
For LDS Church President Russell M. Nelson, the welcoming voices of a Zimbabwean children’s choir both warmed his heart and underscored the need to teach the gospel to future generations of Africans.
- East African Mormons look forward to a Nairobi temple (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
The LDS Church will break ground for a temple in Nairobi to serve its growing number of East African followers.
The church confirmed the plan this week during the visit of its president, Russell M. Nelson. The new leader — installed in January after the death of President Thomas S. Monson — made Kenya his third stop on a global tour that church officials bill as an effort to connect with the faithful.
- Utah is the only state where Republican officials haven’t engaged in anti-Muslim rhetoric, report finds (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
There are dozens of examples across 49 states of Republican officials attacking and shaming Muslims since 2015. The one outlier is Utah, according to a BuzzFeed News report published April 10.