- First Presidency Releases New Guidelines for Interviewing Youth (LDS Newsroom)
The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sent the following letter to General Authorities; Area Seventies; General Auxiliary Presidencies; Stake, Mission, and District Presidents; Bishops and Branch Presidents; and Stake and Ward Young Women and Young Men Presidencies....
- Updated Version of Preach My Gospel Now Available (Church News)
An updated digital version of Preach My Gospel: A Guide to Missionary Service is now available in English on the Gospel Library app and LDS.org.
- Inside the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: What it's like to be a prophet, seer and revelator (LDS Church News)
Even though members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles have the responsibility, under the direction of the First Presidency, to “regulate all the affairs of [the kingdom of God] in all nations” (Doctrine and Covenants 107:33), they also have personal experiences and insights that define their ministry.
- After 45 years, the Rome Temple can't open soon enough for Church members in Italy (LDS Church News)
Native Romans Nicoletta and Umberto Pagnani have been married 41 years — all of them as members of the Church.
Forty-five years ago, though, when both were students at a medical university in Rome and encountered Mormon missionaries at a bus stop on a Saturday, the future Nicoletta Pagnani was skeptical.
- Audience “Feeds Fire” at Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s Tour Opening Concert (Church News)
For Dr. John A. Romeri, standing in front of a talented choir with a conducting baton in hand is not much different than Tom Brady dropping back to throw a football—it’s just what he does.
- On the Road Again: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Returns to the Pacific Coast (Church News)
Given the Mormon Tabernacle Choir’s vast television, radio, and online audience, it’s fair to ask why the Church’s “musical ambassadors” still take their show on the road.
- 'Angels are walking these hallways': The ins and outs of the Brazil MTC (LDS Church News)
Fifty years ago, young Elder Ted Whitaker was basking in the final weeks of serving in the Brazilian Mission, having helped bring a family of eight — the Bittencourts, with two parents and six children — into the Church through baptism.
- Florida Youth Organize Event to Honor Their Schoolteachers (Church News)
A red carpet rolled out in front of the Church building welcomed the teachers as they arrived. Each teacher was joined by the student who had nominated him or her, and they took a picture together as they walked inside.