- Will Boy Scouts drop ban on gay adults? Mormon leaders watching and waiting (Salt Lake Tribune - Utah)
As the nation's largest Scouting sponsor, the Utah-based LDS Church is taking a wait-and-see approach after the country's top Scout called Thursday for policy changes that would allow openly gay adults to serve as troop leaders.
- Boy Scouts president warns that ban on gay leaders threatens organization (Washington Post - Washington, D.C.)
The president of the Boy Scouts of America urged the organization Thursday to reconsider its blanket ban on openly gay leaders, saying Scouting must keep up with the times on the issue or face “the end of us as a national movement.”
- Elder Christofferson Visits Former Mission in Argentina (Church News)
Decades before Elder D. Todd Christofferson became a General Authority, members here and in other communities in northern Argentina already knew him as “Elder Christofferson.”
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon witnesses simply see the golden plates with their 'spiritual eyes'? (Deseret News - Utah)
I continually encounter the confident declaration that the witnesses to the Book of Mormon didn’t really see or touch anything at all and didn’t actually claim to have seen or touched anything. They only “saw” the plates with their “spiritual eyes,” I’m assured, and “spiritual eyes,” to them, meant “in their imaginations.”
- 9 Lone Peak baseball players prepare to serve LDS missions (LDS Church News)
These are busy days for members of the Lone Peak High School baseball team. The Utah state baseball tournament is ongoing and, for several Knight players, occurs at the same time as end-of-year Advanced Placement tests and other important exams.
- Lindsey Stirling responds to modesty criticism on Instagram (Deseret News - Utah)
Violinist Lindsey Stirling responded Wednesday to disapproving comments she received about the dress she wore to the Billboard Music Awards over the weekend.